Q. Choose the correct option:
1. Dr Livesey was afraid of the squire because..............
A- he couldn’t keep a secret. B- he was a coward.
C- he was Flint's shipmate. D- he was tall and strong.
2. The information in which one of the following is correct?
A- The red cross in the south-west showed where the bulk of treasure is.
B- The second red cross showed where the bulk of treasure is.
C- The red cross in the south-west showed where some weapons are buried.
D- The third red cross showed where some silver is buried.
3. The squire went to Bristol to................ .
A- search for Flint's treasure. B- find the ship's cook.
C- buy a ship and hire the crew. D- look for the pirates.
4. The old captain, Bill, used ...........to attack Dr Livesey.
A- his sword B- his knife C- his stick D- his pistol
5. When Bill was telling his stories, he........... .
A- cried a lot for his old shipmates B- ordered everyone to hear in silence
C- went out to the beach with his telescope D- spoke in a low voice
6. Which statement is true?
A- The captain often drank much rum and sang his old, wild sea-songs.
B- The captain was a silent person and did not drink at all.
C- The captain didn't drink much rum, but sang his old, wild sea-songs.
D- The captain sang too much for Jim so that he would bring him rum for free.
7. "It’s my old sea-chest they want. If I can’t get away, you go to – well, yes – you go to the doctor." This is said by.............to................... .
A- Jim/Dr Livesey B- the captain/Jim C- Pew/Jim D- Dr Livesey/Pew
8. Who said the following speech and to whom?
"That’s a sort of warning, mate. If I get the black spot, it means they are coming to get me and what I’ve got."
A- The captain to Jim. B- The captain to Dr Livesey.
C- Dr Livesey to the squire. D- Pew to the captain.
9. "It was the hardest, coldest voice I had ever heard. I was so frightened" This speech is said by............and when he describes............... .
A- the blind man/Black Dog B- Dr Livesey/the captain
C- Jim/the blind man D- the captain/the blind man
10. Dirk's whistle meant that.................. .
A- the captain has returned to the inn. B- he has seen Jim and his mother.
C- he has seen someone coming. D- Pew's men are fighting each other.
11. 'A tall, strong man with eyebrows that were very black and moved a lot when he spoke.'
This statement is a description of whom?
A- the squire B- the captain C- Black Dog D- the doctor
12. Jim didn't go to Dr Livesey and leave her mother alone, because............. .
A- his mother was sick B- his mother's safety was his priority
C- his mother asked him to stay D- the pirates didn't let him go
13. Choose the true statement:
A- No one from the village wanted to return with Jim and his mother to the Inn.
B- Everyone from the village wanted to return with Jim and his mother to the Inn.
C- No one from the village wanted to return with the blind man to the Inn.
D- Ten men from the village came with Jim and his mother to the Inn.
14. The old sailor's stories were about.............. .
A- storms at sea B- terrible crimes C- A and B D- None of these
15. In the fight between Bill and Black Dog, ...............
A- Bill was injured and Black Dog had a stroke.
B- Black Dog was injured and Bill had a stroke.
C- No one was injured.
D- Both Bill and Black Dog were injured.
16. The sea-chest contained.............. .
A- two pistols and an old sword.
B- a pistol, three knives, a Chinese watch, silver, gold and map of an island.
C- only a bag of coins.
D- a folded suit, some pistols, silver, an old Spanish watch and a packet covered in cloth.
17. Who said this speech and where? "Let’s take what he owed us, and not a penny more."
A- Jim at the Hall. B- Pew at the Admiral Benbow.
C- Jim's mother at the Admiral Benbow. D- Jim and his mother at the village.
18. Pew accused Jim of.............. .
A- taking the captains papers. B- stealing the captain's money.
C- killing the captain. D- being a pirate.
19. Who is the main character in Treasure Island?
A- Dr Livesey B- Long John Silver C- Jim D- Mr Trelawney
20. Robert Louis Stevenson was a............... .
A- novelist B- poet C- travel writer D- All of them
21. ..............: This was the thing that the pirates wanted and Jim had it.
A- Map of England B- The captain's old Spanish watch
C- Map of Treasure Island D- Billy Bone's account book
22. Who said the following and about whom? ''He was the most dangerous pirate that ever sailed.''
A- The doctor about Pew. B- The squire about Flint.
C- Jim about Silver. D- The captain about Black Dog.